Dot Berlin is the new digital identity on the internet for people and business living and operating in Berlin. The German capital is home to more than 3.5 million people and has a lively technology scene boasting some of the most creative start-ups in Europe. A .BERLIN domain name allows the registration of short, intuitive domain names that are already taken among popular .COM and .DE endings. With a clear association to Berlin and Germany, internet users and search engines immediately recognise that a website offers products, services or information specifically targeted to Berlin residents or visitors. A Dot Berlin web address is the perfect addition to your existing domain portfolio or the best place to start if Berlin is where you are. With 1.1 million domains already registered to owners from Berlin, you’ll need to get in quick to secure your favourite Berlin internet address.
Dot Berlin Zone Info:
.BERLIN is the domain name associated with the German city of Berlin
Dot Berlin Usage:
A .BERLIN domain can be registered by any person or any company
Dot Berlin Allowed Characters:
Your .BERLIN domain must be a minimum of 3 characters in length and not exceed 63 characters. Letters, numbers and hyphens are allowed, however the hyphen cannot be at the beginning of the domain name.
Dot Berlin Restrictions:
- One of the WHOIS contacts (owner, admin or tech contact) has to have an address in Berlin.
- In order to comply with the policy of .BERLIN we kindly remind you that all Registrants that registered a .BERLIN domain name need to comply with the .BERLIN registration requirements published here
Dot Berlin Transfers:
.BERLIN domain name transfers are possible. Upon successfully transferring a domain, it is automatically renewed for one year. The registration period is extended by one year.
- After the transfer has been requested, our backend system sends a confirmation email to the Owner/Admin-C according to the WHOIS of the respective domain. In order to initiate the transfer successfully it is important, that this email is confirmed.
- After confirmation the transfer is initiated through the official registry and the losing registrar will receive the transfer request.
- The losing registrar will also send an email to the Owner/Admin-C. allowing him/her to deny the transfer. If you do not respond to the email of the losing registrar, then the transfer will get processed successfully after 5 days.
|If the Email-Address in the WHOIS is invalid, then the transfer cannot be processed.If this is the case, then kindly contact your current registrar and ask him to update the WHOIS information accordingly.|
- A .BERLIN domain name is locked for transfers after a domain creation or a previous transfer for a period of 60 days
- A .BERLIN Domain name Transfer must be initiated with a so-called Authorisation Code, which can be obtained from the current registrar through the owner or Admin of the domain.
- Ensure that your respective domain name does not have a lock-status (REGISTRAR-LOCK or HOLD). This can be seen in the WHOIS.
If the domain is locked, then the owner can demand that the domain will be unlocked.
- Please note that we are only allowed to initiate a gTLD transfer after confirmation of the “ICANN Form of Authorization” by the current registrant. The policies can be viewed under http://www.icann.org/transfers/